社交英語15. 这杯是那位先生请你的

作者:admin

來源:

2008-10-20 16:42

社交英語15. 这杯是那位先生请你的

00:00

15. 这杯是那位先生请你的

Herbert: Hey Don! Who's that girl?
赫伯特: 嗨!唐!那女孩是谁?
Don: Why do you care? Don't you have a 1) date with a guy?
唐: 你为什么想知道?你不是跟男人有约吗?
Herbert: Oh, come on. Who is she? She's...
赫伯特: 噢,拜托。她是谁?她……
Don: Just your type? I think so, too. Just go over and talk to her. Go on!
唐: 正是你喜欢的那型?我想也是。你就过去跟她说话啊。去!
Herbert: I can't!
赫伯特: 我不行啦!
Don: You can! In fact, you're going to buy her a drink first.
唐: 你行!事实上,你还要先请她喝一杯。
Herbert: No! (Don walks over to Rose)
赫伯特: 不要!(唐走向柔丝)
Don: This drink is compliments of the gentleman over there.
唐: 这杯是那位先生请你的。
Rose: Hun?
柔丝: 嗯?
語言詳解
A:Sorry,John,I have to cancel our lunch date today.
抱歉,約翰,我必須取消我們的午餐約會。
B:Fine,we can make it up next week.
沒關系,我們可以改到下星期。
【Just your type?正是你(喜欢)的样子?】
这里是接前面说话的人没说完的句子She's...,所以整句是She's just your type?(她就是你喜欢的那一型?)
【This drink is compliments of the gentleman over there. 这杯是那位先生请的】
compliment,有“問候、恭維“的意思。這句話在電影、電視上經常聽到,但是文绉绉的,所以有點難。
1) date (n.) 约会